Khara Chakoli(Spicy Wheat Squares):Serves two
- Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
- Tur dal: 1/2 cup
- Green chillies:1 (or 2 if you want it really spicy)
- Garlic: 3-4
- Corainder leaves:1 tablespoon(finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeera:1/4 teaspoon
- Oil:1/2 teaspoon
- Salt:to taste
- Boil tur dal in about 4 cups of water until it's cooked but not mashy.
- In the meanwhile,make a dough with the flour and roll into a regular chapathi/tortilla.
- Cut into squares and keep aside(be careful not to pile it one on top of the other,or else it'll stick to one another)
- Make a paste of the green chillies and garlic.
- Once the dal is cooked,add the squares and cook until the water starts to thicken.
- Then add the paste of garlic+ green chillies,oil, salt, turmeric powder and coriander leaves.
- Cook on reduced flame for about 15 minutes(add little water if needed).
- Serve when it is still warm.