Radish, garlic, green chillies
The recipe and photographs for this simple yet tasty 'Mooli ki Sabzi' (Red Radish Curry) are again courtesy my friend in Oregon-Taranjeet Kaur!! Thanks TJ-and thanks Prateek for tasting and giving a 'thumbs-up' for this recipe. Coming from a person who normally isn't too fond of radish speaks volumes about this dish and Taranjeet's culinary skills :)
Taranjeet's Recipe for 'Mooli ki Sabzi':
- 2-3 bunches of red radish with leaves
- 1 green chili
- 2-3 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Oil: 1tsp (enough to sauté the garlic)
- Salt: to taste
- Wash and chop the radish and greens.
- Heat the oil in a pan ,add garlic,sauté for a minute and add turmeric powder.
- Add the chopped radish .Let it cook for a couple of minutes .
- Add the leaves and mix it well.
- Sprinkle salt as per taste. Cook covered for 5 mins.
- Serve the 'mooli ki sabzi' hot with roti. This also goes well with rice and moong dal.
'Mooli Ki Sabzi' (Dry Red Radish Curry)