Saturday, May 9, 2009

Local grocery, some awards and Happy Mother's Day!!

This post is inspired by Rebecca of Chow and Chatter who had written a wonderful post on her local grocery store and by Angie of Angie's Appetite For Life who had mentioned about her favorite brand of almond butter. Reading Angie's post made me realize that I don't have a favorite brand, simply because I've always been making my own almond butter and peanut butter-and no,I don't make it at home!!I make and buy it fresh at my local grocery store!! They have this section where they have all the ingredients ready,and all you do is to start the machine and collect as much as PB/AB that you want!!


Fresh Almond Butter


Fresh Peanut Butter
Not just that,I haven't got any particular brand for honey either as they have their own honey comb!!

Isn't that so cool-no idea how it works though (does anyone have an answer-do share)!!

Moving on Rebecca passed this simply "Awe-Summm" award to me -how cool.I had received a "Friends Award" from Sangeeta very early in my blogging life(I was too wet behind the ears to know that I was supposed to pass it on-so selfish ME kept it with me for sooooo long!!).Better late then never?? Anyway,so on this happy occassion of Mother's Day (my second as a mom),I have the great opportunity to pass not one,but TWO awards. The first is the "Friends Award" that I was supposed to pass on to 8 blogger friends(not sure if I had 8 blogger friend when I got it,now I have so many it's difficult to choose).I wish I could give it to all of you :-(

I pass this on to:
  1. Rebecca of "Chow and Chatter" (Reb-I'm so glad I found you and your blog).
  2. Smitha Suresh of "Wellness as a Context For Life"(you know why) my friend and ex-colleague!!
  3. Kristen of "Eating R.D"
  4. Angie of Angie's Appetite For Life -thanks for introducing me to "Double Fibre" Bread)!
  5. Gina of "The Candid R.D"
  6. Natasha of "5 Star Foodie" (I know you've already got this award,but this one is from ME -good "Karma" always comes back)
  7. Jenn of "Bread plus Butter" (ditto as for Natasha).
  8. Pearl of " A Sweet Pearl"-such a talented young girl (ditto as for Natasha and Jenn).
Please pass this award to 8 of YOUR blogger friends :)
Now the next award: The "Awe-Summ" award.I have to first share 7 awesome things about myself (gosh,these awards get tougher):
  1. A great mom (today Mother's day-so,that's at the top of my mind),
  2. Good friend (always there for those who need a shoulder to cry on),
  3. I love being a Dietitian,
  4. Love to help people(with my knowledge on nutrition and even generally)
  5. I can do anything if I really put my heart and mind into it.
  6. I'm very shy if I don't know someone, and have to put in a lot of effort so that people don't think I'm snobbish,
  7. I'm a good wife,
  8. I've become a better cook in the past one year,ever since I've quit my job to be a full time mom.
Phew-that was tough,now I pass on this award and the tough job of sharing 7 Awe-Summm things about yourself to:
  1. Sheetu of My Kitchen-my SIL and also the one who inspired me to start a blog!
  2. Yasmeen of Health Nut-for making and sharing such awesome healthy recipes.
  3. Sangeeta of Healthfood desividesi -for taking the right step to a healthy life.
  4. Christo of Chez What- he he he, "what chez you maverick"? (Oops-just realized that the award says QUEEN of all things-nevertheless)!!


Question:What is so unique or different at your local grocery store? OR What makes you shop there week after week?

19 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

THANKS FOR THE AWARD!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I've seen the nut butter macines like that before but the honey like that is new to me- how fun!

Pearl said...

awww Sweta - you're so sweet! thank you :)

and their own HONEYCOMB? THAT IS SO COOL!

chow and chatter said...

thanks Sweta, i will give you one back as you were my first blogging buddy lol Rebecca

Jenn said...

Thank you passing along the friend award to me. =)

That's so neat that they have their own honeycomb. That's a first I seen it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sweta! That is so sweet! Love the homemade, or "storemade" peanut and almond butters...I've never seen the honey, though...too cool!

Thanks again- so thoughtful!

sangeeta said...

thanks for the award sweta......it's a BIG complement from you .......the fresh AB, PB and honeycomb is new for me........

Christo Gonzales said...

I hope you had a nice mothers day!

Yasmeen said...

Never spotted those wonder machines in store here,but what I do love about the store I shop frequently, is the variety and quality of produce.
And thanks so much for honoring me the award,Sweta:)

Anonymous said...

Sweta, congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing the Friendship award to me! I am honored!

saffronapron.blogspot.com said...

COngrats! I have no clue as to how that works. so I don't think i'm of much help now:)

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Congrats on your awards Sweta, nice write up here...

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

DB,Reb,Jenn,Yasmeen,Angie,Pearl,Sangeeta,5SF-keep blogging!
LK-well,I guess honey can't get fresher than this!!
Smitha,Ramya-:)

Pooja said...

Congrats on the awards Sweta :) Another awesome post! That was really cool!!

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Wow, thanks so much for the award!!! So, am I supposed to put it on my blog? I'm very new at this blogging, like you said you were the first time you got one :)

Crazy Pants said...

Hey Sweta, thanks for commenting on my blog! Congratulations on your awards too :)
I make my own Nut Butters at home in my amazing juicer. My local grocery store is Thai and I go there week after week because the veges are always fresh and well priced. Not to mention the family that run the store are really nice and friendly.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Gina-yes,put it on your blog and pass it on to 8 of your blogger friends :)
Berni-thanks for visiting.You have a very interesting blog :)

Ali said...

I realize this is a little late, but I just found your blog through The Nourishing Gourmet and had so much fun scrolling through your wonderful recipes.

My guess about the honey. Thsoe boxes are just for decoration. Considering the traffic of bees, and the actual extraction process involved in seperating honey from the comb, I would say that their real hives are probaly outside or on another property.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Kim-thanks for visiting. I think you may be right about the honey comb-I've never heard the buzzing of the bees,though it mentions that the lid should not be opened!