I've never tried my hand at pickling-I always thought it was such a cumbersome and long process. The other day,we ate pickled carrots at a Mexican restaurant,which we liked and that's when I decided to try my hand at it.
I came across two recipes that I liked and decided to mix both recipes to make a sweet-n-sour carrot pickle.Here's what I used-
- Baby Carrots: 250 g(approx),slit lengthwise
- Vinegar: 1 cup (distilled white vinegar)
- Garlic: 2 peeled and sliced
- Salt:1 teaspoon(or according to taste)
- Sugar:2 teaspoon
- Water: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Heat the oil in a pan,add the garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vinegar,salt,sugar,peppercorns and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add water and simmer again for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely.Transfer into a sterilized bottle/jar with a tight lid.
- Let it marinate overnight in the fridge for the flavours to develop.
Question: Do you make your own pickles?