Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A 'special' chocolate aimed at fighting acne?

I had to share this(though I'm not convinced that it works). Growing up everyone has heard "don't eat too many chocolates-it's bad for zits/acne".So,what do they do? They come out with a special bar of chocolate that supposedly delivers micro-nutrients and antioxidants that help to clear the skin!!!
This so-called "Acne Care Chocolate's" manufactured by the US based company Frutels is about to hit the shelves in the UK and Australia. It claims that consumers need to eat about two to five(???) of these per day to see the results in about two weeks time!
Convinced? Well,I'm not. Let's wait and watch-only time (and some gullible teenagers) will prove whether the product really works or whether it's another gimmick.
Source:
P.S: Please note that this is a special "neutraceutical" chocolate and not the regular bar of chocolate!

Question: Would you buy these "sounds too good to be true" remedies OR would you rather wait for proven results before spending your well-earned money?

22 comments:

Parita said...

Interesting, i always thought its not good for acne! i really wish this is true :)

Pooja said...

That is simply great! Guess people having acne have something to look forward to! Hope it turns good!

chow and chatter said...

seems a bit daft/silly to me!, whos hosting BSI this week Rebecca

Angie's Recipes said...

I chose to believe it!!!

Yasmeen said...

This must bring smiles to all the acne sufferers.I remember having it too in teens,and eating sugary bars did intensify them.Glad they all disappeared with age:)

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

You come with gems... Love such info...

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Oh wow, what a joke!! The truth is, chocolate has never really been shown to cause acne, it's just a nasty rumor! I bet that company is going to make tons of money fooling desperate teenagers into buying their product, that's so sad. I never buy anything like that unless I know someone who tried it and it worked, or unless I see some type of peer reviewed research!

I'm glad you enjoyed the carrots and pb, I just had some myself :)

Christo Gonzales said...

sounds wierd and I would not buy it....

Jenn said...

That's weird. As much as I love chocolate, I think this is one I'd rather site out.

Anonymous said...

This is great if it actually works. My mom used to actually break out after eating the real chocolate but it seemed only to the one in Russia/ukraine.

Priyameena said...

Wow!!Interesting news...Hope it will work..

Gita Jaishankar said...

Wow...thats very interesting. I thought chocolates and acne go together :)

theUngourmet said...

I haven't heard of this. Sounds fishy to me!

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Wow thats interesting and useful post..

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, that would depend on the price of that new miracle item. Is it cheap? Then, why not, just for fun? Expensive? Then no way, I'm not wasting my money on such junk!

chef and her kitchen said...

Thats interesting swetha..Thanks for the info dear..

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

I'm skeptical about it.... i think I'll wait to see others review before buying it!

sangeeta said...

good quality chocolate is curative ...this i have read many times ....serotonins n all that.......may be true....chocolate is being used for exotic face masks n body packs too.....after all cocoa butter used in skin supplements is not new.

Vrinda said...

Thats a great news Sweta..Thanx for sharing such a great info..

Diana H said...

So it's chocolate with a cause. I like chocolate though I don't know if I'd pay more for acne fighting chocolate.

eatingRD said...

hmmm . . . I don't know about that one. Sounds like a scam/money-maker to me. I'm always uncertain when there's not research to back it up, or at least some trials, but you know someone's going to buy it.

Creative Classroom Core said...

Wishful thinking :) Wouldnt it be nice!