What are the reasons that children nowadays are more prone to obesity and hypercholesterolemia?The three main reasons:
- Lack of exercise
- Junk food,chocolates/sweets and colas
- Eating in front of the T.V
What does eating in front of the T.V have to do with weight gain?-a lot apparently.An episode on 'The Truth About Food' on Discovery showed an experiment wherein the conclusion was that we tend to eat more without realizing it while watching T.V.
The solution to this is that you as a parent need to make a change now.
- Stop buying junk food and other 'calorie dense' foods on a regular basis,instead get them into the habit of eating 'nutrient dense' foods.
- Join your kids in an outdoor sport/game that everyone enjoys,that way the whole family gets an exercise.
- Start having meals together at the table and talk to your family.
1.Kids and Cholesterol
2.Adult Fast-Food Diets Tied to Too much TV as Teen