Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My "3 teaspoon oil" meal !!

If I can dish it up, so can YOU!! Here's a 'dekko' at the yumptious Indian thali meal(served in the thali plate I manged to get from India). The meal consists of:


  • Rice (ran out of brown rice,so it was the 'white rice')
  • Dal('Mung' dal-recipe courtesy Sharath M)- 1tsp oil for tempering
  • Dry sabzi(khol rabi leaves, potatoes, capsicum)-1 tsp oil
  • Chutney( roasted channa dal, cilantro)-1tsp oil for tempering
  • Khol rabi salad
  • Fat free yogurt/curd
Nothing fancy-just the regular fare cooked with just the minimum amount of oil(the only innovative thing I did was to include the khol rabi leaves with the 'alu+capsicum' sabzi). So no recipes. Anyone can make a healthy meal of the day-to -day fare,and remember portion sizes also matter!
Bon appetit!

2 comments:

chow and chatter said...

love the thali, and meal looks great we have a lot of stainless stell stuff, i even saw tiffin boxes on world market site!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) said...

Oh yes-stainless steel gives that Indian feel to foods.I grew up eating on steel plates,tiffin boxes and drinking out of steel glasses