No-oil Microwave Gobi/Cauliflower ka sabzi
The Microwave version of the Gobi/Cauliflower sabzi was inspired by my mother-in-law who uses the microwave daily for her cooking (and not just for reheating stuff). The "No-oil" part was my experiment in making the dish healthier! The resulting "No-oil, Microwave Gobi/Cauliflower ka sabzi" is not only easy to make but also turned out pretty good. You could even try the same recipe with broccoli(or any other vegetable) in lieu of the cauliflower.
- Cauliflower: 1 (washed and cut into tiny florets)
- Red chilli powder: 1-2tsp (or according to your spice tolerance)
- Turmeric powder: 1/4th tsp
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves: 3tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Put the cauliflower florets in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 5 mins.
- Then sprinkle some salt on it and mix-well.
- Microwave again for 2-3 mins. Mix well. Repeat this procedure every 2-3 mins, till the cauliflower is almost cooked.Test for salt(add more if needed).
- Sprinkle the red chilly powder, turmeric and the cumin powder and mix well. Microwave again (mixing every 2-3 minutes) till the cauliflower gets cooked.
- Add the lime juice and mix well.
- Garnish with the cilantro leaves.
- Serve the "No-oil, Microwave Gobi/Cauliflower ka sabzi" with phulkas or as a side with rice and dal.
No-oil, Microwave Cauliflower sabzi
For personalized diet consultations please check out the packages on : www.myindiandietitian.com