Ingredients for the kosumbari/koshimbir:
- Cucumber: 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Mung dal: 1/4th cup (washed and soaked for at least an hour)
- Green chillies: 1 slit lengthwise (optional)
- Coconut: 2-3 tsp (freshly grated/frozen)
- Cilantro/coriander leaves: 2 tsp (finely chopped for garnish)
- Lime juice: 1-2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin: 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal (split black matpe beans): 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 2-3 nos.
- Oil: 1tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds,cumin seeds and the urad dal.
- When the mustard starts to sputter,add the curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over the cucumber and mung dal kosumbari/ koshimbir(salad) and mix well.
Question: What dish reminds you of a festive spread?